Good Shepherd Hospice: Keeping You Safe
COVID-19 has not stopped Good Shepherd Hospice from caring for patients in the comfort of their home and in our dedicated inpatient hospice units in Port Jefferson and Rockville Centre.
We’ve implemented new practices and protocols to ensure the safety of those we care for during every visit and to keep our program strong, safe and effective, including:
- Screening all patients and family members prior to each visit to make sure all the right infection control precautions are used during the visit.
- Staff wearing personnel protective equipment.
- Patients and their family members in the home are asked to wear a face covering when we visit
- When we care for COVID-19 patients our staff will use disposable or dedicated equipment for that person, such as stethoscopes, and we carefully dispose of all personal protective equipment outside the home once our visit is complete.
- We are scheduling COVID-19 patient visits at the end of the day so there’s no danger of exposure to other patients.
- Our two inpatient units have dedicated private rooms for patients who may have this virus. Family can continue to visit their loved ones but for added safety we have modified visitation practices and will screen all visitors for signs of the virus. We are also prepared to provide family members with all required personal protective equipment if their loved one has COVID-19.
Rest assured we are fully operational and able to safely care for people in their homes and in our dedicated hospice units.It is our privilege and honor to serve those in need of hospice care.
If you or someone you know needs hospice care please call 631-465-6363.