Nursing services are provided by a registered nurse who has special training in caring for terminally ill patients. A primary nurse is assigned to each patient/family unit and is responsible for coordinating the patient’s care.
Specific Nursing Services include
- Nursing assessment of patient/family needs and ongoing evaluation.
- Participation in the interdisciplinary plan of care. Intermittent visits on a scheduled and as needed basis.
- Provide medical treatments, pain management and symptom control in collaboration with a physician.
- Teaching regarding hospice care and services, care techniques, disease progression and other health measures to patient, family and caregivers.
- Providing supportive care and counseling.
- Licensed practical nurses may provide supplemental nursing care in accordance with the care plan.