Good Shepherd Hospice is one of the largest hospice programs on Long Island caring for up to 400 patients every day. While a majority of these individuals choose to stay in their home, the Hospice Inpatient Center can provide a safe haven for those that face challenging end-of-life issues.
Good Shepherd Hospice’s Inpatient Center at Port Jefferson is designed to be sensitive to the sacredness of end-of life. While state-of-the-art healthcare will be provided, it will also feature all the amenities of home—including sleeping accommodations for family and a 24-hour visiting policy.
The center features family gathering spaces including a sun room and gathering pavilion, meditation room, garden patio, children playroom, and family kitchen. There are sixteen private patient rooms with accommodations.
Professional Interdisciplinary Hospice Team
Good Shepherd Hospice has a full team of professionals to care for the patients at the Hospice Inpatient Center which include:
- Hospice Physician
- Nurse Practitioners
- Registered Nurses (RN)
- Bereavement Specialists
- Child Life Specialists
- Home Health Aides
- Social Workers
- Pastoral Care
- Trained Volunteers
Please note that the Inpatient Center is a short term facility that not all patients will qualify to enter. Please call our offices at (631) 465-6363 or (516) 586-1420 for further information and direction.
Long Island Expressway/495 (Heading East or West):
- Take the Long Island Expressway Heading/ 495 East or West to Exit 62N/Nicolls Road. Take Nicolls Road North to Route 347.
- Make a right onto Route 347 heading East to Route 112.
- Make a left onto Route 112 heading North.
- Cross over the railroad tracks in Port Jefferson.
- Make a right at the next light onto North Country Road.
- You will then come to another light, where you will make a left onto Belle Terre Road.
- At the top of the hill, at the traffic light, make a left and St. Charles Hospital is on your right.
- Good Shepherd Hospice Inpatient Center is on the Chapel side in the back.